Re: Periya Thirumozhi 5.4- AzhwArE! I am here at Srirangam (PomoNA)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 11, 1999

Dear Sri MadhavakkaNNan :

You have moved on from ThiruveLlarai
to Srirangam very smoothly .

There is one incident in AchArya RaamAnujA's
life that will be relevant here .

Once the unacceptble behavior of the temple
adminstrators of Srirangam and the jealousy-driven
incidents there made AchArya RaamAnujA to leave Srirangam
for ThiruveLLarai .There he stayed for a significant time
and worshipped the ArchA Murthys of Thriuvellarai,
while pining for the SevA of Sri RanganAthan .Sri Govindarajan
of Canada  created a home page for Thirvellarai
to highlight the places touched by AchArya
RaamAnujA's sacred feet  including the Udayavar
KuLam , where he had his anushtAnams .Today,
ThiruveLLarai is a part of the Srirangam
DevasthAanam and more tourists are visiting
ThiruveLLarai .

Coming back to the main point , AchArya RaamAnujA used to
do PrathakshiNam in the inner prAkAram and stop before
a stone window with openings , which gave a direct
view of the river Cauveri and the Majestic Gopurams
of Sri Ranganaathan and have Gopura Dearsanam from
the distance , while he was on his self-imposed exile
at ThiruveLlarai . That window is still there . On a clear
day , you can stand before that window, place the dust
of AchArya RaamAnujA and other Sri VaishNavite AchAryAs
associated with this sthalam ( described inthe web pages )
and have the darsanam of Srirangam Gopurams .

with sathsangha praNAmams ,
V. Sadagopan