Fwd: worship of Lord Ganesha

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 15, 1997

namaskaar,

My posting regarding the Ganesha Puja seems to have generated a lot of
discussion in the group. If I had known that it would hurt the SV
sentiment, I would not have posted about it on the 'Bhakti List' which
to me was a mailing list of 'devotees' about 'devotion to the Lord'. I
apologise for my ignorance, I did not know that Sri VaishNavAs do not
worship Lord Ganesha. The Ganapati Sannidhi, the Abhishekam and Svarna
Pushhpa Archana to Maha Ganapati on Ganesha Chaturthii Day in Sri
Venkateswara Temple at Pittsburgh seemed to indicate otherwise.

I am not knowledgeable about the scriptures as I had mentioned in my
introduction when I joined the list and do not want to enter into any
discusssions.

The reason I did not reply to the various messages on the subject, in
private or public, is that I was taught as a child that "God is not a
subject of discussion or arguments." and also that "HE is everywhere, in
everyone, knows everything and takes care of everyone, etc. etc." Of
course, it is very difficult to remember and follow it all the time in
daily life, but I am trying.. and my membership in this list is for
getting 'sat-sang' - good company - company of the devout.

I have enjoyed reading the messages on the list, but the one which
stands out in my memory is the posting

>From: vaidehi@ix.netcom.com
>Subject: ThiruvallikENi
>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 01:30:17 -0700

about Lord Sri Parthasarathy.

> In the coming mails I will try to describe as much of His festivals or
> vahanams from a viewers point of view and more so that of a child!
> Something to look forward to in real life, Guthirai vahanam of the
> eighth day, Yanai vahanam of the sixth day, pallakku, Garuda vahanam of
> the third day if u happen to be there at this time.

I was hoping to read more mails with such wonderful description which
transported me to ThiruvallikENi as part of the crowd watching the
procession - though I have never been there or seen such a procession in
real life.  Thank you!!
If I have missed any of the later posts, since I was away on vacation,
please do let me know.

I do hope we will have more such contributions on the Bhakti-list in the
future.

Regards,

shree

PS. I am forwarding a message regarding worship of Lord Ganesha - the
message is meant for me - I am just choosing to share it on the list.