chitranchiru kaale!!

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 7, 2002

Dear All.,

According to the mail of Sriman Visu, (quote)

"little wee-little  leg, we come and offer our obeissance to your lotus feet; listen to its hollowed content. You are born in a family of trustees to whom are entrusted the grazing cattle; "

This means the lotus feet of the wee-little leg is being worshipped.
It is not acceptable simply going by the obvious and apparent tamil meaning. (usually the inner meanings -vyakhyanams - are given,
giving the due for the exact literary meaning first - we cannot
overlook the direct meaning of the language and attribute special
nuances just to fit in our imaginations. in otherwords, special
interpretations are welcome but please do not contradict the literal
meaning of the language.)

Needless to say it is out of context with the dhanur masam
early morning  (chiru kaalai) practices.. (Paavai Nonbu!!)

urs
Arulmari