RE: Swamy Desikan Thirunakshathram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 28, 2001

What a masterpiece of an article by Sri Muralidhar Rangaswamy,
describing the SrIsooktis of our AchArya sArvabhouman, Swami
vedAnta deSikan!!  Truly the genius of sarvatantra svatantrar
is unsurpassed by any AchAryan in rAmAnuja sampradAyam. adiyEn
appeals to the entire community of bhaktas to kindly take a
few moments to go through this article below, even if you have
already read it once!  It is sad though, that despite being
the very fountain of knowledge and having earned the padhavi
of sarvatantra svatantra from periya pirAtti herself, swAmi
deSikan in his own lifetime experienced several attempts at
harrasement and defamation by those jealous of his intellectual
prowess.  This continues even today, in many places where swAmi
dwells in archAvatAram.  Let us all try to take an academic
approach to examining the genuine merit of Vishnu ghaNtAvatAra
swAmi deSikan, putting aside petty differences so that the true
light of our sampradAyam may shine forth, brightly and forever.

Let us all pray, on this occasion immediately following the
sacred purattAsi thiruvONam day, that all SriVaishnavas may
soon realize the monumental contributions of swAmi deSikan to
our sampradAyam, and honor him accordingly without prejudice.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
-Srinath C.