Re: Sri Vashinavism

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 26, 2000

Hi:
You have asked 2 questions, and I'll try and answer
them...

1.  Learning Sanskrit.  Recently I came acorss a
Banglore based organization that teaches SPOKEN
SANSKRIT.  More information is available at
http://www.samskrita-bharati.org/.  They seem to have
classes all over the world.  I am in the process of
getting more information about this school.  A couple
of folks I spoke to in Banglore think very highly of
this Sanskrit school.

2.  Sanskrit books on the Sukthams.  I would strongly
recommend that you learn the Sukthams from a Guru.
They have to be recited in a specific manner -- more
like singing in a measured way with ups and down.  The
best books (with the correct markings for singing the
ups and down) can be found at the Ramakrishna Mutt
book stores in any town.  The books published by LIFCO
are really no good.

Hope this helps.

http://ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/index.html#SEARCH