FW: Sri Vedanta Desika Thirunakshtra celebrations on Oct 7 and 8th, 2000.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• September 11, 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: venkat kanumalla [mailto:kanumalla@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 11:42 AM
To: malolan_net@egroups.com
Cc: ranga@egroups.com
Subject: Sri Vedanta Desika Thirunakshtra celebrations on Oct 7 and 8th,
2000.

Dear Bhagavatas,
Pranamas.

We have been celebrating Sri Vedanta Desika Thirunakshathram for the last 12
years at our Sri Ranganatha temple and this year also we are planning to
have a two-day celebration on October 7th and 8th, 2000.
Tentative Program is:
Saturday: 10-7-2000:
        8am to 10am: Divya Prabandha Parayanam.
        10am to 12 noon: Lectures on the Life & works of Swamy Desika.
        12 noon: satrumurai and Prasadam.
        5pm to 8pm: Sri Nigamanta Maha Desika Purappadu along with
        Desika Stotra Parayanam.( Bhagavaddhyana Sopanam, Sri Stuti,
          Goda Stuti, Raghu Veera Gadyam, Gopala Vimsati, Daya satakam,
          Kamasikastakam, Sudarsanastakam, Garuda Dandakam,
          Garuda Panchasat and Yatiraja Saptati)
Sunday: 10-8-2000.
        8am to 9 am: Nityanusandhanam.
        9am to 10.30am:  Sravana nakshatra Thirumanjanam to
        Sri Srinivasa Perumal with Padmavati Devi and Bhu Devi, and
        to Sri Vedanta Desika.
        10.30 to 12noon: Desika Prabandha Parayanam and Daya Satakam.
        12 noon: Satrumurai, prasadam.
        2pm to 3.30 pm:  Sri Srinivasa Kalyanam.
        3.30 pm: Special Maryada to Swamy Desika and Bhagavatas.

Please plan to attend the function and receive the blessings of Swamy
Desika without whom there would have been no Sri Vaishnavam today.  Come and
have a dharsan of Swamy Desika, who out of limitless compassion has taken up
his residence at our Sri Ranganatha Temple, as an Archa Murty.
With Pranamas,
adiyen,
venkata Narasimha dasa Kanumalla
(Sridhara deekshita)