Re: [sv-rituals] Re: prAnAyAmam - one more time

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 9, 2002

Dear S/Shri Mani & Balaji:

I don't think Mani's observations are correct.  My experience is different.
Many SrI VaishnavAs go to great lengths for proper pronunciation and proper
performance of rituals.  The great leaders usually determine the standards
for a particular group.  NavalpAkkam Swamigal and other SrI Vaishnava
SwAmigals have indeed lived a near-perfect life as per the vedic traditions.
  Also I would like to quote another example:  In my classes a number of
people that include smArtAs & MadhwAs I have seen Sri VaishnavAs making a
special effort to learn it correctly.

The fact we have a sv-rituals (more used) than other sub-groups clearly goes
to show the great emphasis we place on the correct performance of rituals.

>From: "K Balaji"
>Subject: Re: [sv-rituals] Re: prAnAyAmam - one more time
>Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:18:38 +0530
>
>Mani Wrote,
>

>   It is not surprising that you see most people taking
>   the easy way out and cutting corners. Sri Vaishnavas
>   are notorious for not taking their religious duties
>   seriously, compared to those in other Vedic traditions.
>   The prANAyAma is no exception!
>
>   Mani
>

>   It is interesting to note that the notority of the Sri vaishnavas' mind.
>  Can we construe that this is largely due to their total faith in Lord
>Vishnu. As they believe a  total surrender to Him will protect them from
>all misdeeds ( of course, you will not think of doing any such thing on
>Surrender to Him) and a slack in their duties too will not harm as they  do
>not have to fear on anything unlike other Vedic traditions.
>

>   Adiyen
>
>   Balaji K

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.