[sv-rituals] Re: re-request on pradakshinams

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 30, 2002

SriRAma Jayam,

Dear Naresh,

           I'm going to share with you my half baked knowledge.
As far I know in srivaishNava temples,we are supposed to see
AchAryA,AzhwArs,thAyArs and then PerumAL. As far clockwise/anti-
clockwise pradakshinam, I'm guessing it's because of the word
"dakshin(meaning south)" and normally the God is facing the East, we
go in clockwise dir(ESWNE forms one full circle). Another reason
could be: Since goddess is on the right,we go from Her side to His
side(without Her recommendations we can't go near Him).

With respect to nos(45,108,1008),acc. numerology No. 9 is
philosophical and also can not be destroyed(I think so!). All these
nos are multiples of 9. God is eternal.

Don't go by my words literally. Please cross check with learned people

sarvam krSNArpaNam astu
gita

--- In sv-rituals@y..., Naresh Ramarajan  wrote:
> Namaskarams,
>
> I posted the following message about 10 days ago. I am still very
> interested in recieving an answer if possible from learned members.
Sorry
> for pestering, but i am trying to convince several people that
> pradakshinam has some theological and perhaps scientific meaning
and is
> not simply "superstition" or mooda nambikkai
>
> thanks,
>
> Naresh

-----
> "Jesus died too soon. If he had lived to my age he would have
repudiated
> his doctrine" -  Nietzsche, 1844-1900.
>
> Naresh Ramarajan , Leverett F-78, 3-2747

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/XUWolB/TM