[sv-rituals] Re: Thirumanjanam for Sri Lakshmi Narasimhan during PradhOsham

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 24, 2002

Dear BhakthAs:

I am enclosing a query from a dear Bhakthan
of Lord Lakshmi Narasimhan from Bangalore.

adiyEn's response is that the Thirumnajanam
(AbhishEkam ) for Sri Lakshmi Narasimhan in
the PradhOsha Kaalam is not recommended .
PradhOsham is early evening (Saayam sandhyA )
and He is recognized as PradhOshakan . Our Lord was born
as Nrusimhan to complete His avathAra Kaaryam.
During PradhOsham , Mantra UccharaNam , japam are
restricted. Mounam (silence ) needs to be observed.
The only exception at PradhOsham seems to be the birth of
SrI GodhA Sthuthi from Swamy Desikan , when ANDAL went out of
Her way to bless the AchAryan with Her darsana SoubhAgyam
at SrI VilliputthUr.  Swamy broke his mounam during that
PradhOsha Kaalam and burst forth into exquisite salutation
to Andal , which we treasure as GodhA Sthuthi.

Lord Rudran is recognized as "AbhishEka PriyO Siva:".
AbhishEkam can be done to Him at any time.Infact many of
You mihgt have noticed a pot of water over Siva Lingams
that drips slowly on the head of the Lingam to signify
abhishElkam .

Our Thirumanjanams have Veda Manthrams as a part
of the sacred ritual(Purusha Sooktham et al).They
can not be recited during PradhOsha Kaalam inview
of the restrictions on the recitation of manthrAs.

Thirumanjanam on a Svathi day is most auspicious
to Lord Narasimhan. Any other PuNya Kaalam is
also very appropriate.

Other BhakthAs are invited to comment .

V.Sadagopan

>At 10:32 PM 6/21/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>Respected Sadagopan Uncle,

>>I want a small help and clarification.
>>
>>It is said that if You perform Thirumanjanam to Lord Narasimha on
Pradosha(Dwadeshi) day in the pradosha kala  all you wishes will be
fulfilled. I went to my wife native ( she is from Hassam Iyengar Family)
place in Shanthigram a place near Chanrayapatna /Hassan. I paid the
necessary charges for Thirumanjanam. Now the person incharge informed that
He has to check with the learned scholar whether in Agama shastra the
thirumanjanam can be done in Sandhya Kala on Pradosha day. Correct me if i
am wrong . Lord Narasimha was born on Pradosha day / kala ( Sandhaya kala)
and is there anything wrong in performing Thirumanjanam in Evening.

>>Your clarification in this regard will be helpful to me.
>>
>>I have postponed the thirumanjanam to next pradosha day pending clarification.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/XUWolB/TM