[sv-rituals] Fwd: Re: on the usage of honey

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 3, 2002

I think there is a more philosophical aspect
that is involved in this, as this shows the
Narayana thatvam and reminds one of the supreme
most logical thatvam as expounded by the Vedas
when it is used in day to day life. It also
depicts the stages that one goes through during
the spiritual journey.

If one pours honey on God without understanding
the philosophical meaning (or anything for that
matter) it is equivalent to praying a dead body
and trying to feed a dead dog or on it.

Honey was chosen,may be, because of the process
and the supreme qualities and He loves it
according to our acharyas.

It can also be argued that using milk is bad as
we are doing himsa to the body of cow, drinking
water is bad as we are killing so many bacteria,
breathing is bad as we are eating so many insects,
eating food is bad as we use fertilizers which
kills so many insects, eating plants, potatoes,
carrots is bad as they are killed before eating
and some eat them raw and so on....

I think there is a limit for consideration of
himsa whether it is directly or indirectly.

adiyen Ramanuja Dasaha