Re: [sv-rituals] Explanation for GaDya Trayam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 11, 2002

Dear Srimathi Gita:

Dr. Vasudha Narayanan , Professor of Religion
at U.Florida is at Gainesville. She could help you
gain knowledge about the meanings of the Gadhyams.
SrI Madhavakkannan of Singapore has also posted excellent
articles on the three gadhyams. You can access them at
Bhakthi archives and SrIman Elayavalli's extensive home pages.

Please do not hesitate to recite the Gadhyams .
It s perfectly fine , since SaraNAgathi anushtAnam
is not exclusive for men or varNam or Aasramam.

We released a Multimedia CD ROM on AchArya RaamAnujA
few months back. That also contains excerpts on the three
gadhyams in addition to the other 6 SrISookthis of AchArya
RaamAnujA as well as his vaibhavam .

V.Sadagopan

At 03:44 PM 4/11/02 -0000, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>        I don't have an access to AchAryA(Gainesville,Florida). So I
>listen to casettes by M.A. VenkataKrishnan,SrinivAsAchArya and so on.
>I chant SriRanga GaDyam daily(people may object saying that women are
>not supposed to chant but I have faith in Bhagavad RAmAnujA that He
>would forgive me for chanting and I'm chanting b'coz it gives me
>happiness,infact I used to chant RAmAnuja NUtRRandAdi also every
>ThiruvAdirai when I was in India)and learning saraNAgati and vaikuNTa
>gaDyam thro' casettes. I know only the partial meaning. I would be
>very grateful if knowledgeable people can give detailed explanation
>for it. When knowing the meaning completely and chanting,one's
>happiness gets multiplied by orders of magnitude.
>It's my humble request.
>AzhwAr,EmperumAnAr thiruvadigaLE saraNam
>gita
>

>-- SrImatE rAmAnujAya namaH --

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.