FW: Re : Our Original Position

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 29, 1999

-----Original Message-----
From:	HRID [SMTP:hrid@ivs.edu]
Sent:	Sunday, October 03, 1999 11:10 AM
To:	kkalale1@san.rr.com
Cc:	'hrid@ivs.edu'
Subject:	Re : Our Original Position

Dear Sri Krishna Prasada,
	Thank you for your letter.

>WITH THIS,  I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO RETURN FROM MOKSHA...AND
>THERE IS NO SCRIPTURAL EVIDENCE FOR THE CONTRARY

	This was not our point. The scriptures talk about souls that
are ALREADY fallen in the material world, and state that once they
become free from such conditioning, they don't return. This does not
refer to those who are coming down to the material world. Thus your
point does not address the specific topic.

>The theory of karma cannot explain the inequality and cruelty seen in this
>universe, because when the creation first started there was no distinction
>of souls and consequently of karmas  -  this is the objection
>
>the answer from the vedantic siddhanta or conclusion is :
>
>jivas and karmas are beginningless, just like Brahman.
>if you state that karma-begginingless theory is tainted,  with the fault of
>regresses in infinitum, we say that it is not so because we find authority
>for it in reason also.  The explanation is given in the book..  I will not
>go into details to write down the whole thing.
>
>Please let me know what you feel regarding these statements of Srila
>Baladeva Vidya Bhusana.

	Baladeva states that the argument of infinite regress is
answered "in the book", but since you did not cite that answer, how
can I evaluate it?

>With regards to "fall of jaya vijaya",  it is usually explained by
>vedantins as :
	By all Vedantins, or some of them? Does Sridhara Swami, the
authorized Bhagavatam commentator, explain it that way?

With best wishes,
Hridayananda das Goswami