RE: Some questions regarding some of our customs ...

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 12, 1999

Sri:

Srimathe Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya Namah:

Dearest Sri Anbil mama,

You wrote:

> During BharaNyAsam in the Sannidhi of Perumal in the PounDarikapuram
> Ashramam, while he was pleading to the Lord within the Sannidhi to accept
> my
> Prapatti, my Acharya asked me to continue this SAshtAnga DhanDams as many
> times as I could (repeating the mantram he had just then initiated me
> into)
> but also advised with genuine concern that should at any stage I felt too
> tired, I could take some respite and continue when I felt a bit relieved!
> was about 60 years of age at that time and this probably prompted him to
> extend this concession!

======
In fact, the most compassionate Swamy also told adiyEn too, (though I was
not that old..) to stop when felt tired.  AchAryAs' concerns are more than
even PerumAL's.

The same way- immediately after bharaNyAsam, Swamy said "pOi paal
yEdhaavadhu saappidu.. " (Go and drink milk or some other drinks.) He was so
much concerned that we stayed starved since the morning (which we generally
do not), while he does not eat on all days till about 1 - 1.30 p.m..

=======

Regards

Narayana Narayana

Narayana dAsan