Re: Ashaucham & Nitya Karma

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 22, 1998

Dear Sri Ramaswamy,

Thanks for your correct observations. It is my mistake and not
that of H.H. Srimad Poundarikapuram Andavan Swami. The error occured
while I was typing in a hurry. The sentence should read
"Gayathri is the mother of all Mantrams and has a status equal to
that of the Vedas. Since the Vedas glorify the Veda Purushan, Lord
Narayana, recitation of the Gayathri Mantram precedes the recitation of
Tirumantram"

While on this subject, some of the benefits of reciting the
Gayathri Mantram include increased Tejas, physical and mental
well-being. In fact, the term Gayathri itself means "A mantra which
protects those who recite it". This Mantram has the power to ward off
all evils and therefore occupies a high place in meditation. When
recited at the prescribed times (Sandya Periods) with devotion and
understanding, this Mantram confers great benefits.

Namo Narayana,

Muralidhar Rangaswamy

>From bhakti-errors@lists.best.com Thu Oct 22 12:57:09 1998
>From: Ramanbil@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Ashaucham & Nitya Karma
>Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:17:14 EDT
>BestServHost: lists.best.com
>Sender: bhakti-errors@lists.best.com
>To: bhakti@lists.best.com
>
>Dear Bhaktas:
>I have heard Gayatri being the mother of all Chandas. "Gayatri
Chandasaam
>Matah." I have not heard any Pramanam for Gayatri being the MOTHER of
Vedas.
>Vedas are said to be Apourusheyam."
>
>If Gayatri is the mother of Vedas, who then is the father? There seems
to be
>some communication gap in presenting the views of Poundarikapuram
Andavan