Re: Periyazhwar pasuram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 6, 1997

At 09:43 PM 10/6/97 +0800, V.MADHAKKANNAN wrote:
>Dear Bhagavatottamaals,
>This is madhavan from Sinagpore. I would like to start sharing the little I
>know/heard of and it is NOTHING compared to those of stalwarts in this
>group; But I consider myself elated to be present in this group to gain

STUFF DELETED (THOUGH EXCELLENT)

>Ram Ram
>
>madhava daasan

I think pasuram is great and particularly the rendering of Sri Krishna
Premi Maharaj is excellent.  I found that when I was in India, his
cassettes on Bhagavatham, Ramayana, Bhagawadgita are all on sale. each of
them are a set of about 30-40 cassettes.  I have several of them but I
would like to get all of his collections someday soon.

I heard from Yajnanarayana Diksitar, who is currently Dallas texas in a
temple, who incidentally, is the brother's son of great Sengalipuram
Anantharama Diksitar :

that,  Sri Krishna Premi Maharaj had hardly strained himself to learn the
Sastras, and that his erudition was a clear gift blessed to him by a Saint
who lived in Sengalipuram under whom he studied for a short while. Sri
Krishna Premi Maharaj used to be a master orator even in his 30's and most
of his rich renditions havent even been taped! and the ones available now
are not to his previous standards.  Even these tapes are excellent; what
can we say of the previous lectures.  Then he moved to paranur, it seems.
I would like to know more about Sri Krishna Premi if some one knows more.

Adiyen Krishna Kalale