Re:Meaning of prapatti

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 17, 1995

In Bhagavad Gita 2.7 Arjuna says " Sishyas teham shadhi maam tvaam
prapannam"  which is translated by srila Prabhupada as " I am your
disciple and a soul surreddered unto you. Please instruct me"

The meaning for prepatti here is" surrender". Arjuna in this verse is
seeking help with a sense of hopelessness. There seems to be no
indication that the surrender was suggested by the Lord.

	If an individual has no freedom to act then what is the role of
free will?  For the doctrine of karma to true be I believe that operation of
free will is essential.  May be somebody can enlighten us on the subject.

K.P.Sridharan
P.O.Box 3313, DSU
Cleveland MS 38733