Re: request info on Araiyyar sevai

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 9, 2001

At 12:13 AM 10/8/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Sri:
>Sri Ramanujaya namah:
>Sri Nigamahantha desikaya namah:
>Sri Lakshmi narasimha paramatmane parabrahmane namah:
>
>My respectfull obeisences to all
>
>Can any one give me more details on the araiyyar
>sevai, which is performed only in few of the sri
>vaishnava temples in india, i have seen the same in
>melukote(thirunarayanapuram) when the perumal is
>brought to kannadi mandapam in the vrindravanam which
>is next to the temple.

>Adiyen
>Sridhar.

Dear Sri Sridhar: There are number of articles in
the Bhakthi archives list on Arayar sevai already.
They have been written during the Srirangam Vaikunta Ekadasi
time ,Thirukkurungudi Kaisika Ekadasi time ; there are also
special web site known as Arangam by Smt.Anita Ratnam ,
who has done research on the topic .

You may wish to refer to them.

The recent articles on "SaathvikA Abhinayam also deal
with this topic.Sri Sreyas Sarangan also posted  an
article recently on Smt.Usha Devi's kaimakryam in
this area and a forthcoming performance at LA Temple.

NamO NaarAyaNAya ,
V.Sadagopan