FW: FW: Please clarify/Vishnu's querry

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 23, 2000

Dear All,

We forwarded the question to HH Jeeyar Swamiji about the
Bhakti Nivedana cover picture question posed by Vishnu.
HH Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Jeeyar Swamy has taken the trouble in
answering the question. We all should really thank HH
Jeeyar Swamy for his Sauseelyam.

raghu ramanuja dasa

-----Original Message-----
From: chinna jeeyar
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2000 4:36 AM
To: Mudumbai, Raghuram
Subject: Re: FW: Please clarify/Vishnu's querry

Priya Sriman Raghu!
Jai Srimannarayana!

It gave us joy to note the interest of Sriman Vishnu,
who it seems encouraging our magzine by his
observations. It is really interesting. We appreciate
his observations.

In our magzine, we have given from where the
description has been taken and what it says. He probably
did not observe because of his thought that it is
against our SAMPRADA:YAM. That was taken from
Ma:ndu:kya Upanishad. 2nd Khanda.

It appears though he went out of the way in posing his
questions and sounded as if he observed all the
scriptures and found no evidence anywhere either in
Manavalamamuni lineage or in De:sika lineage.

Our Bhakthinive:dana never quotes unauthentic things
for your information and when you think so, it is the
duty to search for it.

Anyway, here is one Prama:na from the sacred book of
Upanishad Bhashyam, printed and published from Madras
in 1972 by Sri U.Ve. Sriman Uttamur Veeraraghavacharya
Swamy, a great scholor from Vadagalai Samprada:yam,
yet more authentic commentator and author of somany
books.

In that book page 337 may be referred. In
Sanskrit whatever is written is transliterated here
for your information "SAPTHA:NGA E:KO:NAVIMSATHI
MUKHAH, ithyasya "chatw:ro: hastha:h, Dwou Pa:dow,
GAJAMUKHATWA:T GAJAHASTHA E:KA ITI SAPTHA:NGAH.
MADHYAMA MUKHAM GAJAMUKHA:KA:RAM. PA:RSWA DWAYE: THU
NAVA NAVA MUKHA:NI PURUSHAMUKHA:KA:RA:NI ITYE:VAMARTHA
VARNANAM NU:NAM KINCHIT PRAMA:NA MU:LAKAME:VA".

This scholar has taken the authority from the Great
Commentator H.H. Ku:rana:ra:yana Swa:my.

We are sure you are going to send this message to
Sriman Vishnu and he may be knowing the meaning of
this passage and understands the essence.

Jai Srimannarayana!
=chinnajeeyar=

is unauthorized.