Re: HH Sri Thirukudanthai Desikan's Thirunatchatram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• October 5, 2000

Sri:
Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Srinivasa Ramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Vedantha Ramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Ranganatha Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Srinivasa Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Nigamantha Mahadesikaya Namaha
Srimathe Baghavathe Bhashyakaraya Mahadesikaya Namaha
Sri Ranganatha Divyamani Padhukabyam Namaha

Sriman Nadadur Madhavan wrote :

>Dear Bhagavathas:
>
>October 5, Thursday, Puratasi-Pooradam is the Thirunatchatram of HH
>Sri Thirukudanthai Desikan aka. Sri Gopalarya Mahadesikan.
>HH Sri Gopalarya Mahadesikan (1700-1782) established the great acharya
>paramparais of  Srirangam Srimadh Andavan Perishramam,
>Srimadh Poundariapuram Andavan Ashramam and various other
>acharya Paramparais like Sri Navalpakkam, Sri Kedanthipatti,
> Sri Andikkattu Swami et al.
>
>On this auspicious day let us seek HH blessings by
>chanting the achraya thanian:
>
>Sri krishna desika padhaambhuja brunga raajam
>Vedaantha lakshmana muneendra krupaaththa bodham |
>Thraiyantha desika yatheendra shataari moorthim
>Gopaala desika shikhaamani maasrayaamaha ||
>
>On September 15, 2000 HH Sri Rangaranuja Mahadesikan (Sri Srimushnam
>Andavan) has established the archa moortrhy of HH Sri Thirkudandai >Desikan
at the avathara sthalam (birth place) Royampettai, near >Thiruvaiyaru, in
Thanjavur district, Tamilnadu.

http://www.ramanujamission.org

> Sri Nadadur Madhava Daasan

Dear BhakthAs of AchArya RaamAnujA :

Sri Ramanuja Mission is doing yeoman service
(release of Swamy Desikan's shtothra CD ROMs
and many other kaimkaryams)in supporting many
Sri Vaishnavite causes dear to Sri Bhagavath
RaamAnuja SiddhAntham .

The anchor AchArya Purushan for this great
Munithraya SampradhAyam is Thirukkudanthi
Desikan .His devotion for Sri KomaLavalli
SamEtha Sri AarAvamudhan is exemplary .
Out of that devotion was born the great
"Sri AparyApthAmrutha DhyAna ShOpAnam "
modeled after ThiruppANAzhwAr's AmalanAdhipirAn
and Swamy Desikan's own Sri Bhagavath DhyAna
ShOpAnam .

The rare Sri Sookthi on Lord AarAvamudhan by
HH THirukkudanthai Desikan was given to me by
Thirukkudanthai Sri Rengarajan , whose uncle is
a descendant of Thirukkudanathai Desikan .

AdiyEn had the bhAgyam of posting  a series of
articles on the 13 slOkams of HH Thirukkudanthai
Desikan's auspicious Sri Sookthi in Bhakthi archives
over a time period of October 1997 to May 30, 1999.
May I refer the readers to these postings to
pay reverence to HH Thirukkudanthai Desikan
on this Thirunakshathram day ? The HayagrIva
Archai worshipped by HH Thirukkudanthai Desikan
is currently at PoundarIkapuram Aasramam .
Sri Rengarajan has written (Oct 20, 1997 )
archives about this venerable ArchA Moorthy
and his family connections to Thirukkudanthai
Desikan .

Here are the references in the Bhakthi List
on the postings on Sri AparyApthaamrutha
dhyAna shOpAnam of HH Thirukkudanthai Desikan
for those , who wish to browse the Bhakthi archives :

1. Introductory Articles : Part 1&2
   ( October 19, Nov 25, 97) & SlOkam 1

2. SlOkam 2: ( Jan 22, 98)

3. SlOkam 3: ( Jan 29, 98)

The many delectable anubhavams of HH Thirukkudanthai
Desikan are covered in later posts during 1998-99
and concludes with the final posting on the 12th and
13th slOkams that appeared on May 30, 1999.

Sri Munithraya SiddhAntha PadminyullAsa BhAskara:
VedAnthAchArya VaryO mE SannidhatthAm Sadaha Hrudhi

VandhE SayAnamikabhOgini SaarngapANim ,
Daasan, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SatakOpan
http://www.geocities.com/irscd