RE: "harvest of faith"

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 11, 1999

Dear Sir,

I appreciate the spiritual view point taken by Sri Sampath here. We should
not be exclusive or fanatical. At the same time, I am opposed to
conversions to Christianity for the follwoing reasons :

1. There is no Christian toaday including the Pope. Bible very clearly
states "Thou shall not Kill". But the Christians under the guidance of the
then Pope waged crusade and even today they are killing countless animals.
You cannot violate the ten commandments and say that you are a Christian.
(The Arch Bishop says that Pope is not talking about conversions which is
so obvious. What about "Thou shall not lie") The last Christian died on the
cross.

2. In the name of social service, the Christian institutions make huge sums
of money out of our resources. The foreign help is only from the point of
view of investment which attracts tax benefits in those countries and helps
in money laundaring. Then institutions run on our direct money and tax
money. Hindu organizations dont get Government aid because the Governments
dont have the backbone to support our heritage.

3. They are making religion cheap. If Pope is violating "Thou shall not
kill" and Arch bishop is telling blatant lies, what kind of spiritual
training do you expect from their followers.

4. They say that they are bringing equality in society. Their idea is to
make brahmanas (not caste brahmanas but sattvic people) into mlecchas.
 Ramanujacharya made not mlecchas into not just brahmanas but vaishnavas.
In the modern days, Prabhupada has made yavanas and mlecchas into
vaishnavas all over the world. Ours is the most egalitarian society.

5. They are exploing economic  inequalities to spread religion. This is not
economically profitable in the long run and is not religion anymore.

6. In The Hindu, a backboneless newspaper in my opinion, one David makes a
point that Churches have made people of Kerala and North Easter countries
literate. They are spreading education. Those who are not fools know how
much the Church has tried to crush scientific temper of people like
Galileo. Do you think we can rely on them to build our educational
infrastructure ? They will only invest in education to the extent that they
can make faith harvest.

7. If you talk to born again Christians , you will see how much they decry
sanatana dharma and Krishna. Or go to Ashtalakshmi temple and you will see
cows slaughtered.  It  is our right to protect our religion.

Yes, we have to preach more. But at the same time we should also counter
preach. ISKCON's success is because it boldly counters popular paradigms
through scientific means - technology, reason and logic.

Regards
Rajaram V.