Re: MM prabandhams

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 3, 1999

Sri:

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namah:

Dear Sri U Ve Velukkudi Krishnan Swamin,

I am not qualified to even say that "your post was great". Already Sri
Sadagopan immerses us in the bhakti laden srisookthis of Sri Varavara muni,
with such great anubhavams.

Thanks for the great information on "Ramanuja" name.

In fact, when Sri Bharat mentioned about Arthi Prabhandham, a couple of
weeks ago, I went back and read them. What a beautiful prabhandham! What
anubahvams and naichiyanusanthanam of Sri Manavala mamunigaL!

I would like to just quote two from this great Arthi Prabhdhams for our
enjoyment! (in spite of my free translation, still you will find them
great..)

"adhikaaran uNdEl arangar irangaarO?/
adhikaaram illaadhavarkkanRO - YathirAjA!/
nee iranga vENduvadhu; neeyum adhikaarigaLukkE
irangil en seyvOm yaam?

Lord Ranganathan, blesses and saves those, who adhere to saasthras; who
qualify themsselves, for the recipients of His mercy, by following as
prescribed (like performing Karma, jnAna, Bhakti Yogam).
We are not capable of performinh such paths. akinchanan; ananya gathih; We
are helpless; we have no other refuge; Only for such "poor" helpless people
like us, RamanujA! YathirAjA! You are there to save! (Hence, the only thing
that we can do now is to surrender at Your Feet.)  But, if you also,
YathirAjA, start to look for qualified (adhikaaris) only, where do we go,
RamanujA, and what else we can do?

"ennaip pOl pizhai seyvaar iv ulagil uNdO?
unnaip pOl porukka vallaar uNdO?- anaitthu ulagum
vaazhap piRandha yathiraasa maamunivaa!
yEzhaikku irangaay ini.

Oh Yathiraajaa maa munivaa! Is there any one greater sinner than I! Is there
any one more patient (and more merciful) than You!
YathirAjA! the One, born to save the whole world! Please have mercy one me
now.

AzhwAr Emperumaanaar Desikan and Jeeyer ThiruvadiagLE SaraNam

Regards

Narayana Narayana

Narayana dAsan Madhavakkannan