Re: Musings on sita's agni-pravEsam#5

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 20, 1998

Sri Sudarshan, an aside to your interesting series on
the agni-pravESa of Sita.

You wrote:
> The great "superior" humans of Ayodhya ---- they whom Swami Desikan
> undeservingly hailed in his "Raghuveera-gadyam" as "sAketha janapada jani
> Dhanika jangama taditara jantu-jAta ...."

Do you think that Desika was really referring merely
to humans in this line? I understood Desika to be following
the Alvars in meaning that *all* entities in Saketa-nagara,
moving, unmoving, human, animal, or plant, were taken by
mere proximity to Rama to the highest of abodes. (In fact,
I think you pointed out the parallel between this line
and Nammalvar's "kaRpaar, iraamabiraanai allaal" a couple
of years ago: see

http://thondar.busi.utc.edu/bhakti/archives/apr97/0088.html
http://thondar.busi.utc.edu/bhakti/archives/apr97/0087.html

This also parallels Kulasekharan's "anRu caraacarangaLai
vaikundhaththEththi" (perumaaL thirumozhi 10.10).

I know this is not relevant to your discussion, but I thought
I'd bring up the question.

aDiyEn
tirukkacci nambigaL daasan
Mani