RE: Immortal Characters in Hindu Mythology.......

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 12, 1998

Sri:

Dearest Sri Sriram Ranganathan,

A good thoughtful reply you have sent for that query on how come none of
those "immortal personalities" exists today?

But my humble opinion is:

Why not? They are very much there.

I still remember when I used to discuss (during my teens) with my father on
the religion/God, he used to often tell that as long as we the mortal, human
beings perceive, see, hear, touch something (whatever it may be), -all that
we can perceive IS ONLY TEMPORARY. Take even the Sun. We can see. And
Scientists have discovered that Sun has got its own life, too.

The very fact that we can not comprehend, perceive, see, the Lord- the
Almighty and also these immortal ones (like Sri AnjanEyA) with our mortal
physical eyes, itself is a PROOF that they still exist and will do so
forever and ever.

This is just an opinion and has no reference to any scripture. Please
correct me, BhAgawathAs, if there is any misunderstanding on my part.

Narayana Narayana

Narayana dAsan Madhavakkannan