RE: SrI vishNu sahasranAmam - sloka 16.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 10, 1997

Dear Sri Parthasarathy Ranganathan:

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.  In response to your note
below, other than Sri Parasara Bhattar's attempt at grouping the nAma-s
in a logical sequence, which I have been mentioning as I am going
through the slokas, I do not know of any other commentator trying to
look for a thread of connectivity in the names.  For instance, the first
122 nAma-s are interpreted by Sri Bhattar as describing the paravAsudeva
form of the Lord, up to nAma 146 address the vyuha form, and then the
description of the vibhava form etc.  Beyond this, I have not found an
explanation of stringing together the names on a slokam-by-slokam basis.
I am sending your mail to the general distribution list so that some of
the other members can share their thoughts on this.  I will keep your
comments in mind, and will share anything I find out in the future.

I sincerely appreciate your very valuable comments.

P.S.: I would like to request SrimAns Sadagopan, Sundararajan, Anbil
Ramaswamy, and others to shed light on the following question from Sri
Parthasarathy Ranganathan.

With Best Regards,

-dAsam kr*shNamAchAryan