Re: Jnana and bhakti

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 6, 1996

Mani wrote:

>At the very minimum, a basic knowledge of the
>nature of the self is requisite for the prapanna.

Question:
   What happens to a person who goes through
   the motions of bara nyasam when he is young
   and under the control of parents, but after
   that caught up in day-to-day life and never
   thinks of the Lord, nature of self or such
   things?  Would he attain mOksham at the end
   of his present life, per our theology?  If so,
   is a basic knowledge of self a requisite?
   Please note that my question is not about
   what is desirable.

Thanks, Dileepan

-- Dileepan