advaita theory

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 3, 1995

 On Nov 3, 11:57am, Krishna Kalale wrote:
> Subject: Re: Adi Sankara's koodu vittu koodu paaithal
> can you re state your real question (only) on atma leaving a body and taking
> with it experience. your question was not clear.
>
> krishna
>-- End of excerpt from Krishna Kalale

If jeevaatmaa and paramaatmaa are one and the same and ilve in union and if as
per advaitin philosophy this union doesnot have attributes how come the
reverred soul of adisankara in union with paramaatma can seek, gain  and
possess an attribute  when it is in transit in the stages of koodu vittu koodu
paaythal
or if we agree that it is possible to carry attributes then shall we redefine
the advaitin philosophy with some acceptable position and reference on
attributes.
Samapth Rengi

in the case of a jeevatma leaving a body and taking with it experiences to
a new body there is no difference between advaita and visistadvaita.

advaita states that :  jeeva is the conditioned atman (bramhan).  what is
this condition? jeeva is conditioned by a soookshma sareera (subtle body)
which contains anthaha karana (or mind appparatus). when a jeevatma leaves
one body to other , it carries with it this anthahakarana (like a luggage).
so in this case it is common to both advaita and visistadvaita.

advaita only states that - this conditioning is due to avidya (ignorance)
visistadvaita states that this conditioning is due to karma.

really there is no real difference between visistadvaita and advaita here.

at moksha only there is a small difference : advaita states that all
the conditions of atma fall away and the original atma stays as it were
it does not experience anything nor knows anything since anything other
than itself is on the absolute level : false or non-existent.

visistadvaita states that jeeva at moksha leaves the anthaha karana apparatus
and experiences bramhan with all his attributes - of leela vibhuti ( the
wealth of this universe) and nitya vibhooti ( the wealth of vaikunta).
there is experience of bliss.;

krishna