From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 18, 2002

Dear Sri Vaishnavas,

I agree that one does not perform puja in the reclining position
(logical). But... can't Sri Vishnu do this? I have actually had the
privilege of visiting this Divya Desam (Thiruvanantapuram), and remember
the pose of the Lord and it's relation to the Siva Linga.

I am researching Vishnu's relation to other deities of Hinduism in the
Vedas and Puranas. I was wondering if any references (from these
scriptures) exist to show that Vishnu is the sole deity capable of
granting moksha. For the references to be considered, the sources cited
cannot come solely from scriptures dedicated to the exploits of Vishnu
(for example, a researcher who attempts to prove the authenticity
of the Bible cannot use quotes from it as sole evidence of it's
authenticity- a problem of circular argumentation)

I feel I have approached the right groups of people for such a request.
Any references that pertain would be greatly helpful...

adiyen,

Krishna