Re: kamba rAmAyanam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 19, 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Padmanabhan"

> If what you say is correct, then all AzhwAr pAsurams will become totally
> wrong. What shall we say then regarding the following few pAsurams and the
> corresponding commentaries( sample only)

You have misunderstood what i wrote. Clearly, anya-devatA aradhana is not
sanctioned for us Sri Vaishnavas.

> It is indeed sad to note that we started discussing kamban, kamba
rAmAyaNam
> and we end up in accepting other deities (overlooking AzhwAr-s pAsurams),
> whcih reiterates my view that what is all good for vaishnavic faith should
> be accepted and what is not good should be rejected.

Point 1: We never ended up accepting other deities, this was never mentioned
in any thread, either implicitly or explicitly.

Point 2: I reiterate this point, since the Sri Vaishnava position on
anya-devAtas has not been clearly understood by a vast majority of Sri
Vaishnavas and other non-Sri Vaishnavas as well.

This old post should clarify all points once again:
http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/may96/0124.html

Please concentrate on the questions that explain the creation of Rudra,
Indra, Agni and other devatAs from the purusha.

Hope this helps.

-Regards,

Malolan Cadambi