From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 8, 2002

SrI:

Daer SrI Saketa Raman:

Mantra Pushpam can be recited by one , who has had
Pancha samskArams and Upanayanam .

Avantika is one of the 7or 9 greatest city
along with Kaanchi (nagareshu Kaanchi). It is not
a VaishNavite dhivya dEsam or abhimAna sthalam.

If I am correct , Poet KaaLisdAsan lived in
this city and adorned the court of the King there.
It might have  temple for AmbhAL or Saraswathi there.
I think it is in Madhya pradEsh(?).

best wishes,
V.Sadagopan

At 12:02 PM 10/26/02 +0100, you wrote:

>Srimathe Ramujaya Namaha :
>

>Respected Members,
>
>Grateful if I am clarified on the below :
>

>   I refer to Shri Sadagopan Mama’s recent write –up on Mantra pushpam.
>

>It is very soul-stirring and sounds very good. I would like to learn, but
before, I would like to know from learned members, whether we (Sri
Vaishanavas) have the religious sanction to learn and chant it and whether
this is prescribed in our Sri Vaishnava syllabus.