Re: srichoorna paripAlanai- reason

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 16, 2001

Sri:
Sri Ramanujaya Namah:
Sri Nigamahanta Desikaya Namah:
Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Pramatmane parabrahmane namah:

Here what i would like to mention is that, one need
not go in search of jnanam in order to attain moksha,
only one nedds to go in search of a guru, and once u
become the disciple of a guru, the guru will impart
the right type of jnanam needed taking into
consideration the spiritual level of the disciple.

This can be clearly seen in Sri vedanta Desikar's
life, where he did penence towards Sri Garuda Bhagavan
and then the veda purusha Sri Garuda himself took the
place of Guru and imparted the knowledge to our
beloved acharya Sri vedanta Desikar.

(also there is a story my grandfather usually used to
tell me when i was young which i am quoting,

There was a person who wanted to have the vision of
the lord, but he was a paamaran(illiterate) , he knew
nothing  absolutely no jnanam, but he had a strong
wish in his mind that he had to see the lord, so he
approached many learned persons, but all mocked at him
 and made fun of him, but he never lost hope , at last
he met a saintly holy person and asked him to accept
him as a disciple, the holy person took him as a
disciple and asked him only to chant the name of rama
continuosly, but the paamaram was not able to chant
the name of rama, he said to his guru, " swamy, i
cannot pronounce this word, pls give me something
which i can say easily ", so the guru imediately
understood the problem of his diciple and asked him to
chant mara,
when he continuosly chanted mara it formed the word
rama, and in mind he was concentrating on the lord.
and hence he had the vision of the lord.

Sri: Adiyen
Sridhar.S

http://personals.yahoo.com