Re: brahmanas and the Vaisnavas

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 16, 2001

This reminds me of a verse in Padma Purana, Lord Siva
states

sad karmo nipuno vipruh, mantra tantrah visradah,
avaisnavo guru na sat, vaisnavo sva pacoh guru

(Excuse me if the above sanskrit spellings are wrong)

which means brahmana who is an expert in all the
mantras and tantras is not qualified to be a guru if
he is not a vaisnava but a dog eater (sva pacoh) is
fit to be a guru if he is a vaisnava. So as mentioned
damodara svarupa the position of vaisnava is
transcedental.

Other acaryas in the groups can comment.

Bala
Beijing

http://personals.yahoo.com