From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 22, 2000

Sri Raamajayam
SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Sri.Srinivasan,
                    Small correction to your earlier mail.  The last Dham should be Dhanushkoti(which is in the same island of Rameshwaram).  Many of our orthodox ancestors when they make a trip to Sethu(sanctity mentioned by Sage Valmiki), typically visit Thirupullani, Devi Patnam(Nava Bhaashaanam) which is on the mainland and Dhanushkoti(in the island of Rameshwaram).  In fact we refer only Dhanushkoti, in most of our communication(not at the railway ticket booking counter though).

Dhanushkoti temple went under the sea ca.30 yrs back, and the Perumaal and Uthsavar are relocated to Pammal(close to Madras very near the railway station of Pallavaram, and enroute to Thiruneermalai).

Still people who make a trip to Kasi/Badrinath, make a trip to Dhanushkoti and Sethu for Samudra Snanam(with Sankalpam).

AdiyEn Sri Raamanuja Daasan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi
Message: 2
   Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:39:33 -0800 (PST)
   From: srinivasan sampath
Subject: Char Dham Yatra

Friends,
I have a small query which i wish to get  cleared thru
my learned friends of this egroup.

I am told that for a srivaishnavite it is a must to
visit the char dham in india viz Badrinath dham,
Dwarkanath Dham, Puri Jagnnath Dham and Rameshwaram
Dham.
I also know that there are 108 divya desam of which
106 is in india and 2 in vaikuntam.
I wish to understand that whether the above mentioned
char dham is also a part of the 108 divya desam or
not.
Please also exlain the importance of visiting the char
dham.
Regards,
S. Srinivasan