FW: What a lovely baby?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 17, 2000

Dear Sri vaishnava perunthagaiyeer,
Sri  Vinjamoori Mahavishnu who is my colleague wanted me to add my comments
to this beautiful  song. First I want all of you to enjoy this nice song.
Then I will add my comments in the next post.
Dhaasan Vasudevan M.G.

From:	vishnu75@iitian.com
Subject:	What a lovely baby?

Srimad Venkata Lakshmana Yativaraya Namah.
Sri Srinivasa ParabrahmaNE namah.
Dear Bhagavatottamas,
namaskar.
Thanks to Sriman Vasudevan swami who has been constantly sharing his
anubhavam of very sweet songs on lord Sri Krishna.
After Alwars, Sri Annamayya is one such devotee who enjoyed Sri Krishna's
leelais like anything.
Here is one such song wherein He appears to annamacharya as a different kind
of gem in different pastimes of His.
pallavi: mudhdhugaarE yaSOdhaa mungita muthyamu veedu
	thidhdharaani mahimala dhEvakee suthudu
Rough translation:
What a lovely child! He looks like a pearl while playing in the household of
yaSOdhai. The mahimais of this dhEvakee's son are inexplicable and
wonderful.
CharaNam - I
anthanintha gollethala arachEthi maaNikyamu
panthamaadE kamsuni paali vajramu
kaanthula moodulOkaala garuda pachcha boosa
chenthalO maalOnunna chinni krushNudu

RT:
In the palms of the cowherd damsels of Thiruvaaippaadi, He is like a
maaNikyam
(as they take the baby into their hands). On the other hand, He is a
sharp-edged diamond for kamsan, who is maintaining constant enmity with Him.
Out of His effulgence, he is shining in all the three worlds like a green
stone.
Such a wonderful kutti kaNNan is amongst us.
Charanam - II
rathikELee rukmiNiki rangumOvi pagadamu
mithi gOvardhanapu gOmEdhikamu
sathamai _s_ankha chakraala sandhula vaidooryamu
gathiyai mammu gaachEti kamalaakshudu

RT:
To rukmiNi piraatti, His thiru mukha mandalam appears like a red coral when
He
is one with Her. He looks like a gOmEdhakam while lifting gOvardhanam on His
little finger. With Sankha and Chakra in His hands, He looks like a
vaidooryam.
Such senthAmaraik kaNNan, Who is our destination, protects us always.
charanam - III
kaaLinguni padagalapai kappina pushyarAgamu
ElEti SrI vEnkataadhri indhraneelamu
Paala jalanidhilOna baayani dhivya rathnamu
baaluni vale thirigi padhmanabhudu

On the hoods of kaLIyan, He is like a pushyarAgam. He, the ruler of
ThiruvEnkataadhri, is like indhra neelam (emerald?) adorning the crest of
that moutntain. He is the divine gem shining brightly in the ocean of milk.
Such Padmanabhan, is moving among us as a small boy.
Dhaasaanu daasan
Vishnu