Re: Gayatri - The Spiriual Triveni

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 15, 2000

Dear Sir,

River Saraswati is not imaginary.It is only invisible.  According to the
legends, Sage Vyasa was doing tapas near Badrinath. Saraswati wanted to
disturb his tapas and rushes with great speed. It is believed that Sage
Vyasa composed the Mahabharata at this place.The sage curses her and
pushes her down to the earth. If you go to Badri, you can see River
Saraswati falling with great speed from a height but disappearing
immediately thereafter and in Prayag, near Allahabad, where River Ganga
and yamuna meet, you can see the bubble at the meeting point which is
River Saraswati.  River Saraswati meets Ganga and yamuna at Prayag.

You may like to cross check with people and correct me if I am wrong.

With warm regards

Daasan/  A V Desikan