Re: Thiruman Kappu

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 14, 2000

 As a Sri Vaishnavite and Iyengar... I will tell you that all the women in
our family wear Thiruman.  Whether they be married or not... Sri Andal wore
it .... Applying Sriman Narayana's pada charana upon ones self is a
blessing of the highest... as Sri Mani Varadarajan said.. wear it with joy
and pride.
Sri Andal Thiruvadigale Saranam
Sri Venugopala Swamy Prasanna

Seshakamal

At 04:05 PM 11/14/00 -0800, Mani Varadarajan wrote:
>padma priya vangeepuram writes:
>> Dear sriman narayana Devotees:
>>

>> Can Unmarried girls wear Thiruman Kappu? Please forgive me ,if I am wrong.
>>

>Dear Padma Priya,
>
>In adiyEn's opinion, wearing thirumaN kAppu is the birthright of all
>creatures. If a pot or an elephant can wear it, what prevents a
>devout girl from doing so?  Wear it with joy!
>
>aDiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
>Mani

>           - SrImate rAmAnujAya namaH -

Click here for Free Video!!