Re: Digest bhakti.v003.n382

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 22, 1999

> Sri Raamajayam

Dear Sri.Mani,
                               Thanks for your nice reply, lavishly supported by views confirming to Sri Vaishnava Poorvacharyas.  But still why should we even seek a Post Office or address their name, and think of Sriman
Naarayanan, when we can directly invoke our Supreme/Compassionate Sriman Naarayanan.   Mantra Ratnam, Dvayam and Charama Slokam should be sufficient, and other Shruthi's relevant to Nitya Karmas containing only reference to
Sriman Naarayanan should be practiced.  Why the post offices, when my Lord is beside me and inside me.  Adiyen's intention is not keep on asking elementary questions, but develop a deeper understanding on this topic from
Bhagavathaas like Devarir.  Please forgive me for committing Apachaarams.

As for your question, where Sri Vaishnava Sandhya Vandhanam contains reference to 'Rudra Daivatyam ...Rishabavahanaam',  I happen to have a Vadakalai Sandhya Vandhanam published by Lifco, where before Japam there is verse
mentioned for each of the Sandhya Kaalas as follows,
"Pratharthyaami Gayathreem! Ravi mandala Madhyakaam, Rig Vedam Muchaarayanteem, Raktha Varnaam Kumarikaam, Akshamaalakaram Brahma Daivadyam Hamsa Vaahanaam"

"Madhyam tinaethu savithreem Ravi Mandala Madhya Kaam Yajur Vedam Vyaharantheem Svaetham Soolakaraam Sivam Yuvatheem Rudra Daivathyaam Dhyayaami Vrishibavaahanaam"

Please let me know if these are not a standard Srivaishnava Sandhyavandanam practice, I would get a proper Brihaspathi to unlearn and re-learn the correct way.  On the other hand I have poor comprehension of Sanskrit, correct
me again if I had mis-understood the verses.

>>Based on the comments in
your article, it appears to me that you have not properly
appreciated the Visishtadvaita approach to Vedic worship.

I am trying to make my mind, thoughts and action clear and dedicated to Sriman Naarayanan.  Towards that direction, I am trying to understand more Srivaishnava Sath Vishayam and views on some topics of Adiyen's interest.  It is
certainly not cast doubt on our Philosophy or our Acharya Parampara.  Even though Adiyen is fortunate to be born in a Sri Vaishnava family, I do not take it for granted what I practice is correct, but substantiating my
practices with more deeper understanding from Bhagavathaas, Acharyas and Poorvacharyas.  Once again thank you very much, I would look forward to some more comments to this mail.

Adiyen,

Sudarsan