RE: Kanakadasar

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 5, 1999

At 10:19 PM 5/4/99 -0500, Madhavkkannan, Vasudevan wrote:
>Sri:
>
>SrimathE Ramanujaya Nama:
>
>Dear Smt Shobha,
>
>Thanks for you mail and bringing out on Kanakadasar. I had read
>earlier about this MadhvA AchArya.
>
>Here's an excerpt from the website of Kanakadasar
>"....in the opening of his work "Mohana Tarangini': "Sattvikollasa Sri
>Ramanuja Muni Saranu!!!".
>Regards
>Thanjam adaindha nam RamanujanE Thanjam
>Narayana Narayana
>Narayana dAsan Madhavakkannan

Dear Sri Madhavakkannan

Thanks for your response.  I had gone thru the site you mentioned earlier
and it did not register it at that time.  The website also says that
Kanakadasa was earlier a follower of Sri Ramanuja and later followed Madhva
tradition after his association with Sri Vyasa thirtha.

Having said that, I don't have anything against Kanaka dAsa praising Sri
Ramanuja.  He is worthy of such a praise.  My husband and I admire and
respect all the Alwars & Sri Ramanuja and their contributions deeply.
Otherwise, we would not be in this list.

Hare Srinivasa

Shobha Srinivasan