RE: Dvaita and Visishtadvaita

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 7, 1998

Dear BhakthAs :

It is so wonderful to have knowledgable
members , who can address these difficult questions
in the traditional manner formulated by our
purvAchAryAs with rigor and logic . Dr.SMS Chari
is a great scholar in comparitive religions
and especially on Sri Vaishanvism , whom I know of .
That is why he was foremost in my thoughts.
He has studied under some of the greatst
scholars like ThirukkOshtiUr Swami .
Sriman Anbil Ramaswami is another such scholar we
all are fortunate to have as a member of this group ,
who has benefitted form rigorous studies under
great AchAryAs of Ahobila Mutt , Andavans
and is very much in touch with Parkaala Mutt Jeeyar
and othe rscholars.

When I referred to the fact that Dr.SMS Chari
is eminently qualified to address this question ,
I might have inadvertently jumped over the
additional responses from very capable
members like Sriman Murli Rajagopalan , Sri Krishna
Susrala , Sri Anbil Swami and others .The funny point about
this Bhakthi group is that we do not even know fully
all the talents that coexist within this special group .

Sriman Rajagopalan's and Sri Susrala's  answers are
clear and concise .Although I admire the devotion
of the members of the CMS , their desire to shoot every
other philosophy down with zeal as if they can not
stand the rigorous examination is unfortunate.
It gets very polemical .Sriman Murli Rajagopal's
observations on  the apaurusheya aspects of the Vedams
was a pleasure to read and learn from .
My apologies for oversight and thanks Sriman Rajagopalan .
V.Sadagopan