Sri Ramanuja Charya's Thirunakshaththiram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 14, 1997

From: Satyan, Nagu on Wed, May 14, 1997 1:13 PM
Subject: Sri Ramanuja Charya's Thirunakshaththiram
To: bhakti digest

Colorado NAMA Chapter observed Sri Ramanuja Charya's
Thirunakshaththiram on Saturday, 10 May 1997 to coincide with Arudra
or Thuruvadarai star occurence.  We had about 35 adults and 10
children who attended the function.  We started with recital of Sri
Purusha Sooktham, followed by Sri Sooktham, Sri Lakshmi Ashtothram and
Thirupallaandu.  To keep the children involved, we had asigned a
parent/child team to relate incidents in the life of our Acharya.  One
child talked about Sri Ramanuja and Yadhava Prakasha; the second team
talked about his five Acharyas and their respective role in the
education, the third set read about Sri Ramanuja's efforts in writing
Sri Bhashyam with the help of his disciple Sri Koorath Azhwan and the
last team discussed about the reasons and his move to Melkote.  Then a
few of the attendees tried to recite Sri Ramanuja Nootrandaadi by
following Sri Sevilmedu's recordings.  At the end we recited
Sarrumurai and had prasadam.

It was a very pleasant experience to see the interests and great
efforts put in by the children ranging from 8 to 12 years.  Many of
the adults were open to admit that they learnt about our Acharya from
the children.  There were a few members who came for the first time
and were glad that they participated in this function.

Even though Our efforts are at the grass roots level, hopefully it
will help nourish the interests and curiosity of beginners of all ages.

Nagu Satyan