Re: Response to some BHAKTI issues

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 1, 1997

Mani writes:

>Regarding the content of Krishna's article itself, I believe
>there are several misconceptions about our pUrvAcAryas'
>views of the Alvars as well as the variety of views on the
>nature of self-surrender.  I believe Krishna's views
>are based on a slightly mistaken understanding of Sri
>Vedanta Desika's works, as well as a misreading of the
>views of Pillai Lokacarya and Manavala MaamunigaL. I will
>address these in a longer article in a day or two.

With all due respect to Mr. Kalale, I would have to concur with Mani
regarding these misconceptions.  However, the issue of Nirhetuka Krpa has
been, so far, a relatively ignored subject for this forum, despite it being
one of the most important aspects of our Sampradayam.  So, such
misconceptions are leading to a positive result, a direct discussion of the
subtle ideas and unresolved issues that make our philosophy so unique.  Let
us all pray to Him that such a discussion will not only lead to better
understanding of the teachings of our poorvacharyas, but will also increase
our devotion to Him.

I look forward to learning much from this discussion.

Daasanu Daasan,

Mohan