Re: [SriRangaSri] Significance of the number 7

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 1, 2003

One simple answer is panca bhuuta-s plus mind and intellect-
bhuumiraapo ...mano buddhi eva ca
ahakaaram ... - if one surrenders - there is no more ahankaaram - what
is the left is seven - the Lord over the seven.

 or pancha j~naanedriya-s plus mind and intellect - constituting the
jiiva and Lord-ship over them.
Hari OM!
Sadananda

--- Jagadish Devarajan  wrote:

> Also is there a reason for deity at Tirumalai being called
> Ezhu Malaiyaan (Lord of the SEVEN Hills). I've also heard
> people talk about seven seas (Ezhu Kadal). The significance
> of number seven is indeed intriguing!
>
> Peace!
> Jagadish
>
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, vimalkumar ranganathan wrote:
>
> > Sri:
> >
> > Respected Vaishnavas,
> >                      I have always wondered, what is
> > the significance of the number 7?? If one reads the
> > 4000, he/she can observe the number 7 being repeated a
> > lot for enumerative purposes.

[Rest of included mail deleted--Moderator]