Re: Combined Sarrumurai

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 20, 2002

Sri Raghavan,

There is actually no combined sARRumurai in the literal sense of being one
recitation for both kalais.  Instead, what is being done in many temples and
homes, particulary here in the US,  is the recitation of the last two verses
of thiruppAvai, the first two of thirupallAndu, Srimanna SrirangasrIyam...,
and then in order of preference, the vAzhi thirunAmam of Vedanta Desikan (or
Manavalamamunigal)  followed by the vAzhi thirunAmam of ManavAlamamunigal (or
Vedanta Desikan).

I hope this helps.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Mohan