RE: The why of creation.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 2, 2002

Dear Sri Krishna Kaasyap:

You probably have ThiruvAimozhi 1.1.7 Paasuram in mind:

"ThidavisumperivaLi--SuranE",
where Swamy NammAzhwAr celebrates the Lord
a sthe creator of al things from pancha bhUthams
and dissolves them during PraLayam and recreates .
There are additional places also, where other AzhwArs as well as
Swamy NammazhwAr stress this point .The place to enjoy
this above quoted paasuram of Swamy NammazhwAr is
to connect to AaRaayirappadi , where more than
six dozen Veda pramAnamams and PurANa-IthihAsa
citations are made .

V.Sadagopan