Re: Sri Ramayana Tatthva Deepika - Ba:la Ka:nda (10)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 27, 2002

SriRAma Jayam,

Dear Vijay Raghavan,

          Your questions are very fundamental(difficult to answer
unless the person has supreme intuition and clarity of thought!)
Don't worry both of us are in the same boat affected by the same
questions/doubts!

(i)It's like asking "did universe exist forever or come into being at
some finite point in space-time?"

(ii)Every physical change implies a "cause" to generate that change
(effect). Nothing is created from non-existence. It's a firm belief
that there has to be a "cause". "Causality" is a belief from logic
which is supported by "Theory of Relativity". But according to
Quantum Mechanics "one does not always require a cause!" In short
without a cause one can have an effect! There are lots of heated
discussion in favoring this or that among physicists. Finally it
boils down to the "perception of the observer(psychology enters the
scene now!)". Quantum mechanics has so much philosophical
implications.

(iii)What's the First Cause of all causes? If you say that God
created us then the immediate question is "who created God?"

(iv)There was some debate going on regarding vEdAs vs women/sUdrA. I
still do not agree(simply it's illogical)with people who gave me
replies. Shubha had responded with some scholar's(it was anonymous!)
reply:That wise man had said that "women/sUdrA are not mentioned in
the vEdAs and hence one can come to a conclusion that they are not
eligible! Why can't one conclude that "women/sUdrA" didn't strike the
mind of the Author(whether sruti is authorless/authored by
superhuman/human/non-human form)in the first place?.

(v)Somebody said(I don't want to quote b'coz it's immaterial)karmA
and jIva are beginningless and they exist time immemorial! To this
day no mathematician has given any qualitative/quantitative
definition for "zero/infinity". It simply defies the mind. Our mind
is finite and we are trying to define the Infinite with finite
approximations. Obviously we are going to introduce errors!

(vi)We don't even understand "our own mind" completely let alone
the "mind of God". The so called Theoretical Physicist cum Atheist
Stefen Hawking says "I want to read the mind of God". You know why?
He is still living b'coz of sheer "miracle/mystery"

Since I am a science student I sometimes tend to go by logic but I've
realized that beyond certain point it becomes futile to worry b'coz
there is no way one can prove/disprove. Either you believe/don't
believe.

If there is a person who answers your question,I will give up "Sriman
NArAyaNA" and accept that person as "my God".

I just wanted to share some of my thoughts. I don't have answers
either! So I go by blind faith!

Sarvam krSNArpaNam Astu
gita