Re: faith in HIM

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 31, 2001

SRI:
Dear Sri Bhadri,

You query is genuine and is well intended. Everyone gets such queries in the
beginning.
Sri MS Hari of Singaproe has been writing tutorials on our sampradayam for
beginners like us. You may like to browse them in
http://members.tripod.com/~sriramanujar and click under Visistadvaita
tutorial. They are basic lessons and will answer such doubts /queries. Get
back if there is any doubt
Regards
Narayana Narayana
aDiyEn

----Original Message Follows----
From: "bhadri"
To: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
Subject: faith in HIM
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 01:11:11 -0400

Respected members of the group
I have been a member of this list for sometime, and have been keenly
following whats being written. This is my first posting to the group.

We havent actually 'seen' the lord in person, but accept that he exists, and
worship him in the archa form. My q is, is this knowledge abt the existense
of the Lord a result of what we 'experience' and/or the proof provided by
the scriptures and the works of our great alwars and acharyas?? Basically, i
want to know whether it is at all possible for my faith in HIM to be just
that, a complete faith, without looking for any pramaNa. Do I need to be
told that fire is hot, or do i need to touch it and know for myself, or is
it possible to just "know"??

Thanks in advance

sincerely
Bhadri