RE: Sri Seva Swamy

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 2, 2001

Dear Members,

Sri. Seva Swamy's demise is a great loss to the Sri Vaishnava community. His
commitment and service to our sampradAyam is phenomenal and there aren't
many who did it with so much enthusiasm for so long.

Our family resided about 200 metres away from the famous "ManiMandapam"
temple - in Sannadhi Street, Villivakkam, Madras - where Swamy arrived
promptly everyday  to perform ThiruAradhanam to Sri Lakshmi HayagrIvar. As a
small kid, I lined-up for a liberal helping of "jeera"/ "dhadhiyonam", each
morning. On special occassions like dEsika uthsavams there would be plenty
of variety food served to the entire Vaishnava community around the area.

Among his many services, he personally published Sri Desika Darsana
panchAngam - simple known as "Seva" Diary, containing  authentic and
excellent information. He also managed the Sri vEdAntha dEsikA Research
Center.

HH 44th Jeeyar, Ahobila Matam, blessed this effort as:

"sEvAnAmnA sudhIya prakAsyamAnA navInadhinachariyA
 mAlOlasya kripAdhO vaishnavakEhEshu rAjathAm sathatham"

meaning:
This panchAngam is quite innovative. With mAlOlan's blessings it should be
(available) in every Sri Vaishnava house.

Thought I should say a few words about this great Sri Vaishnava Swamy who
practised what he preached till the very end.

-Sriram