Re: [Vishishtadvaita and Dvaita]

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 24, 2000

Dear Shree Nagaraj Mandya,

Dvaita and Visistaadvaita are different. Dvaita does not accept the
key point of Visistaadvaita which is Sareera-Atma Bhavam which the
body-soul relationship between the universe and Brahman.
Dvaita does not explain the Abedha surti properly as it gives importance
only to Behda surti. It is again a partial purport of Veda like the
Advaita which gives importance only to Abehda Sruti. Dvaita does not
recognise that sentient soul can be the body of another sentient
entity and says only insentient can be the body which gets contradicted
with Visistaadvaita. Further, it stress Bedha in multiple ways and
even between the reality (swaroopam) of one Jeeva with another. In
Visistaadvaita only the Sajaateya bhedam between jeevas is accepted.
It even says that the liberated souls does not get the same bliss and
there is difference in class amoung the liberated souls. Dvaita also
accepts the supreme self as Lord Hari, the Lord of Godess Shree Lakshmi
which is a common point. Dvaita does not accept that the Brahman is also the
material cause of universe but accepts that He is only
instrumental cause which contradicts the Veda and hence Visistaadvaita.

Visistaadvaita Shree Vaishnavam is the only purport of entire Veda.
For details please write to me.

Thanks & Regards
M.S.HARI Ramanuja Dasan.

"Nagaraj Mandya"  wrote:

>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative
Dear Bhakthas,
    I have read and heard a lot about the differences between our
Vishishtadvaita and the Advaita philosophy. But I have not heard or read
anything about the differences or similarities between Madhavcharya's Dvaita
and our Vishishtadvaita. I am just curious to know what these differences or
similarities are. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Nagaraj