Re: Thooppul DD Trust

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 23, 2000

Dear Sri. Lakshminarayan:  The Thooppul Vedanta Desikar Charitable Trust is
one of the projects included in the SVSS effort.  For details, please visit:

http://www.geocities.com/vaishnavas/project/temple.html#3

which explains SVSS's committment to supporting this Trust.  Presently
however, the Thooppul Vedanta Desikar Trust members have not responded
back to SVSS with copies of the required Govt. of India's "80-G" clearance
for charitable trusts.  We expect them to do so very soon; in the meantime
SVSS is accepting tax-deferred contributions from donors in USA and Canada
directed to this Thooppul Trust.  As soon as copies of the 80-G approval
are received by SVSS, the amounts will be transmitted to this trust.

****** The following APPEAL is for all readers of this message: *******

Please contribute to this much-needed cause through SVSS and thereby make
use of the tax-deduction benefit.  Thooppul as you all may be aware, is
the birthplace of one of the greatest Srivaishnava Acharyas, Swami Desikan
himself.  Let us all join together and preserve the heritage of this
important divya kshetram which is highly endangered at present due to sheer
lack of financial support.

We have a lot to learn from religions of the "book", such as Islam, where
1/40 th. of each individual's earnings are required to be given away to
religious charities and/or towards the support of parochial schools etc.

Brings to mind one particular wise saying,

"Accept wisdom where it is found, be it from child or parrot"

aDiyEn,
-Srinath Chakravarty
email: xsrinath@ti.com

Big Groups = big savings @ beMANY!