Re: NammAzwar Thirunakshatram (Vaikasi-vishakam) in May 2000

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 2, 2000

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImathE anantAryAya namaha
srIman varavaramunayE namaha

dear bhAgavathAs,

Here is some additional information regarding vaikAsi visAkham - AzhvAr's
thirunakshattiram - In AzhvAr thirunagari, srIrangam and kAnchipuram (I am assuming
this to be true for thiruvallikkENi too), AzhvAr's thirunakshattiram is celebrated
on June 14th. One should follow whatever day their AchArya paramparA follows.

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam,
adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan,

Varadhan

"T. R. Govindarajan" wrote:

> Sri
> SrimathE Gopala Desika Mahadesikaya Namaha
> Srimans:
>
> In Vaikasi (Rishaba) masam, Vishakam nakshatram falls on two days; Vaikasi 5
> (May 18)
> and Vaikasi 32 (june 14). Ani masam (Mithunam) sangramanam is on June 14;
> Because of
> sangramana thushta dosham on June 14, nammazwar Thirunakshatram is to be
> celebrated on May 18, 2000. It is published in Sri Ranganatha Padhuka magazine
> of April 2000 issue
> that Nammazwar Thirunakshatram is on May 18, 2000 instead of June 14. As per the
> calendar
> of the Hindu temple in Flushing, NY, Vishakam nakshatram falls on May 17, 2000
> for USA.
>
> In the calendar of Sri. Lakshmi Narasimhan temple at Ponvilaintha Kalathur,
> Othivakkam,
> Kanchipuram Dt, nammazwar thirunakshtram is celebrated as a 10 day program
> starting
> from May 9 and ending with sattumurai on May 18, 2000.
>
> vachaka dhoshaha kshandavyaha
>
> nArAyanA! nArAyanA!

>            - SrImate rAmAnujAya namaH -
> Visit http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/ for more information

Now the best and coolest websites come right to you based on your
unique interests. eTour.com is surfing without searching.
And, it's FREE!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3013/2/_/716111/_/957293618/