Re: Origins of the Jiva

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 19, 1999

About whether the Lord would intentionally push muktas back
into samsAra, Sri Aravind wrote:
> Can we say this is akin to a mother pinching a child, making it cry
> bitterly, again the mother feeling sorrowed for making the child cry, then
> consoling the child herself, making the child happy once more. Maybe it
> increases the unconditional mutual love between the mother and child......

What a cruel God / mother this is! Would such a God inspire
devotion? Does this describe a God full of grace? I think not.
In the U.S., such a mother would be thrown in jail for
child abuse.

Thankfully, Sri Ramanuja's philosophy does not contain such
an absurd (and wicked) doctrine of God!

rAmAnuja dAsan
Mani